No products in the cart.
November: The birthstones for this month are topaz & citrine
People born in November can choose between two bright gemstones to brighten up this chilly month.
Topaz and citrine look so related, in fact, that they’ve often been misunderstood for one another throughout history. They are unrelated minerals, and also topaz occurs in a broad spectrum of colors far beyond yellow.
A famous quote about topaz & citrine, “I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.”
Topaz is a striking multicolored, semi-precious gemstone from the Topaz mineral family. The name Topaz comes from the Sanskrit word “tapas,” meaning fire. Topaz comes in various colors: red, pink, purple, yellow, orange, brown, blue, green, or even colorless.
Topaz is a jeweler’s favorite and is used in jewelry: rings, earrings, necklaces, pendants, and bracelets because of its various colors. Topaz is a symbol of passion and affection and has been said to help one’s sweetness and disposition.
This November birthstone was thought to have many benefits; many ancient Greeks believed that topaz gave them strength. From the 1300-1600s, Europeans thought it could stop magic spells and dispel anger. For centuries, many South Asia people have believed that topaz worn above the heart assures long life, beauty, and intelligence.
It is commonly believed that the name arose with the Russian royal family’s urging on keeping the most refined colors of this gem, which was mined in Russia’s Ural Mountains, exclusively for their use.
Abandoned mine in the Ural Mountains
An alternate explanation, wildly widespread in Brazil, is that it dates from an 1881 visit by Brazilian Emperor Pedro II to Ouro Preto, the town closest to Brazil’s most productive topaz mines and the gift of a reddish topaz to him.
|Chakras||Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra|
|Zodiac||Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius|
|Color||Colorless, blue, brown, orange, grey, yellow, green, red-pink|
Healing Properties of Topaz
Influence of Topaz on people:
- Topaz helps in redirecting energies within the body where it is needed the most.
- Topaz releases tension and brings relaxation, joy, generosity, and good health.
- Topaz stabilizes the emotions, making you open to love.
- Topaz encourages openness and honesty, self-control, and self-realization.
- It helps in generating problem-solving ideas.
- Topaz combats eating disorders and aids in digestion, such as anorexia and bulimia.
- Astrologists recommend topaz to gain financial stability, fame, self-confidence, and good health.
The name “citrine” arises from the Greek word meaning citron because of its color resemblance to the citrus fruit. Citrine is a natural, yellow to golden brown colored, semi-precious gemstone from the Quartz family. Like all quartz, citrine is made of oxygen and silicon atoms arranged in a triangular pyramidal pattern.
Citrine is a type of quartz, and the different names attached to it are generally dependent on its color. Some of the more widespread varieties are as follows!
- Yellow Citrine: Lemony yellow color sometimes called Lemon Citrine
- Golden Citrine: Golden Yellow Citrine
- Madeira Citrine: Golden Orange to Reddish Brown Citrine
- Fire Citrine: A trade name for Deep Orange Citrine
- Palmeria Citrine: Bright Orange Citrine
|Chakras||Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Crown Chakra|
|Zodiac||Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra|
|Color||Yellow to yellowish-brown or Smokey grey-brown|
Healing Properties of Citrine
Influence of Citrine on people:
- Citrine raises self-confidence and self-esteem as well as energizes every level of life.
- It attracts wealth, prosperity, and success as well as enhances the IQ level.
- It supports in balancing one’s emotions by releasing negative traits, depression, and fears.
- Citrine is beneficial in the treatment of diabetes as it helps balance chemical imbalance in the body.
- Astrologists recommend citrine to gain wealth, functional social status, higher knowledge, health, and progeny bliss.
Other Birthstone of November:
Twelve different stones are listed as birthstones for the calendar month of November, depending upon star position, planetary, or talismanic stones for the Zodiac sign of Scorpio or Sagittarius.
|Yellow Topaz||Modern Birthstone|
|Citrine||Traditional November Birthstone|
|Pearl||Mystical November Birthstone|
|Ruby||Scorpio (Planetary Sign)|
|Chrysoprase||Ancient Roman November Birthstone|
|Amethyst||Sagittarius (Star Sign)|
|Garnet||Scorpio (Planetary Stone)|
|Sapphire||Sagittarius (Star Sign)|
|Turquoise||Sagittarius (Star Sign)|
|Aquamarine||Scorpio (Star Sign)|
|Cat’s Eye Chrysoberyl||Hindu Birthstone|