No products in the cart.
Carnelian Gems is a stone with a decadent history. Many nations revered it as precious and even placed it above diamonds. It is believed that this pebble is a piece of the sun that has descended to earth and is endowed with strong healing properties. And although now the nugget is classified as ornamental, its magic is still not lost.
Properties of Carnelian Stone
In the people, Carnelian Stone is known as “June stone” or “stone of the sun“. In Russia, it was also called the “stone of the heart”, as they believed that the mineral brings good luck in matters of the heart. Buy Natural Deep Pink kunzite Gemstone
The volcanic activity gave life to the carnelian – this is one of the few chalcedonies that is found in solidified lava. According to geologists, the stone acquires its color on the surface of the earth, under the influence of the sun and air.
From a chemical point of view, carnelian is silicon oxide. It is included in a large group of minerals with the common name chalcedony, so its chemical formula is no different from agate, chrysoprase, and onyx – SiO2. The physical properties of the mineral are also similar:
- hardness on the Mohs scale – 6.5-7 units;
- density – 2.58-2.64 g / cm;
- kink – uneven or shelly;
- gloss – waxy;
- transparency – translucent in thin sections.
Quartz is considered the “ancestor” of carnelian, although unlike the latter, carnelian is not a crystal.
Chalcedony and quartz are mined in almost all parts of the world, which cannot be said about carnelian. The red gem is found much less often than its “brothers”. The most beautiful minerals are mined in India, the state of Gujarat. There are also several deposits in the USA and in Russia. Buy Soft Red Natural Spinel Stones
Beautiful appearance, as well as excellent indicators of hardness and density, made it a favorite of many jewelers and stone cutters, so its scope is jewelry and figurines. Small carnelian inserts are often used as accents in fine bracelets, brooches, and other jewelry pieces.
What does Carnelian Stone look like and what colors does it come in
Of course, carnelian is not only a red gem. The range of its shades is quite wide and depends on the number of iron impurities. The palette of the mineral starts with a scarlet color and reaches calm honey tones.
Some varieties even have their own names:
- Red and scarlet – carnelian
- Yellow – linkuria
- Brown – sarders
There are also samples with light patches. It can be cloudy stripes of white-yellow color or even spots. Such inclusions indicate the natural origin of the mineral since it is quite difficult to fake them.
How to determine if Carnelian Stone is natural or not
Although carnelian is not so expensive, scammers still do not miss the opportunity to make money on fakes and often replace the mineral with cheaper materials. So for a carnelian, they can give out:
- Glass. To distinguish ordinary glass from natural stone, take a closer look at its brilliance. The gem has a waxy, slightly matte finish. If you see that the edges of the mineral shine with a glossy sheen, it is better to refuse to buy.
- Plastic. It is easy to recognize such a fake. Natural stone is heavy, cool, scratch-resistant. With a piece of plastic, everything is exactly the opposite.
- Cheaper mineral. This imitation “by eye” is very difficult to distinguish. For example, South American agates are dyed with special solutions so that they acquire a rich red color. You can recognize a fake only if you split the gem.
If the gem has too sharp transitions, for example from brown to white, then you have sardonyx.
Of course, no one will let you scratch and split the mineral before buying it, and then it hardly makes sense, but you can always carefully examine the stone from all sides and support it in your hand. Take your time and study the stone well, perhaps this will save you from acquiring a fake! Also, Read – Best Stones & Crystals For Good Luck: Gems To Attract Money, & Success
The magical properties of carnelian (carnelian)
The magic of a mineral largely depends on its shade. A simple rule applies here: the richer the color, the stronger the stone. So, the most powerful are considered bright red carnelian.
This variety will be especially useful for women and girls – it is responsible for feelings. If you are afraid for your relationship, family, or just want to attract the attention of a man, give him a bracelet with a carnelian. The mineral strengthens feelings and protects the object of love from love spells.
But yellowish stones – linkuria – are better for men. They will not only be a beacon for luck but will also bring unprecedented success in business. Such a mineral is useful for businessmen who always want to be “on top”, and creative people who lack a little “penetration”.
Beware of minerals with dark inclusions – they will attract evil forces.
Astrologers believe that the carnelian is under the influence of two patrons at once – the Sun responsible for the general energy state of a person, and Mercury, the god of businessmen, traders, and, by the way, thieves.
Jewelry with a dark yellow gem will suit people who are shy and secretive.
Such an amulet will help them overcome their complexes, gain self-confidence and become very charming people.
Carnelian is often used to create protective amulets, but the stone itself is weak for these purposes.
The healing properties of the mineral
In the field of magic, the carnelian is not very strong, but it has more than enough healing properties. This is the mineral that will help literally in everything. The fact that it accelerates the healing of abscesses and wounds is confirmed even by official medicine.
Surprisingly, there is still no scientific justification for the healing power of carnelian.
The main hypothesis says that it’s all about a small amount of radioactive radiation because the mineral contains very little radium. For this reason, carnelian treatment is not recommended for people who already suffer from cancer or have a predisposition to it.
Basically, carnelian is used for treatment in such cases:
- Lacerated wounds
By the way, bracelets with red gems were used even during the Second World War for the speedy recovery of wounded soldiers.
Doctors in ancient times noted that carnelian can also be useful in other situations:
- With a toothache and, in principle, for the preservation and strengthening of teeth;
- With problems with the reproductive system;
- To improve metabolic processes;
- In diseases of the thyroid gland.
For the treatment of carnelian, it is enough just to wear jewelry with it or apply the mineral to the sore spot. For example, in order to restore the normal functioning of the thyroid gland, it is desirable to wear beads made of a red or brown gem for a sufficiently long period.
However, remember that the stone is not a panacea. It can only speed up the healing process, but it will never replace the work of doctors and medications.
Who according to the sign of the zodiac suits Carnelian Stone
Astrologers have come to the conclusion that the carnelian does not fit only one zodiac sign – Scorpio .
Even a very short interaction with this mineral can cause negative emotions, aggression or even anger in Scorpios.
The rest of the signs of the zodiac can wear a stone without any fear. But here are the meanings of carnelian in the life of each of them radically different:
- Aries will become more confident and optimistic. The acquired joyful view of the world will help them achieve considerable success and realize their most cherished dreams.
- Gemini is considered one of the most beloved carnelian signs. He promises them almost mountains of gold. The mineral will help them find family happiness, strengthen physical and mental health, reveal hidden talents, and will in every possible way contribute to the advancement of Gemini on the career ladder.
- Lviv amulet will protect from any conflicts, disputes, and troubles. All problems next to the representatives of this sign will be solved as if at the snap of a finger. Also, the stone will strengthen their family relationships and give success in any business.
- With Virgo, the carnelian is just perfect compatibility. These people will receive from the mineral not only support in all areas of life but also the ability to clairvoyance. Also, the stone will enhance the positive traits of their character and make Virgos more attractive to the opposite sex.
- Taurus will be an especially useful red carnelian. Thanks to such an amulet, they will get rid of unnecessary aggression and meet their life partner.
- Crayfish under the influence of yellow and orange minerals will greatly enhance intuition and become far-sighted.
- For Libra, the carnelian will become a stone of love. He will not only help you find your soul mate but will also help in every possible way in a relationship. Also, thanks to such a talisman, Libra will become more reasonable, learn to make the right decisions, and gain confidence in their abilities.
- Sagittarians will find harmony, which they so often lack in life. Around this sign, the mineral seems to create a protective field against all sorts of failures.
- Capricorns will become more confident and discover in themselves a lot of previously dormant talents.
The mineral does not have a special effect only on Pisces. For representatives of this sign, the carnelian will only be a beautiful decoration.
How to wear Carnelian Stone and with what stones to combine
Many do not even think about which finger to wear a ring with one or another stone but put it on as it looks more beautiful, but with carnelian, the situation is more complicated. For the magic of the mineral to really work, it is important to follow a few rules:
- Carnelian cannot be worn on the ring finger. It is believed that in this case it will act in the wrong direction and may even harm.
- To attract good luck in love affairs, you need to wear a ring on your middle finger.
- For success in business, it is necessary to wear jewelry on the index finger of the left hand.
If you wear several pieces of jewelry at once or there are inserts from different stones in one product, it is advisable to take into account their compatibility. In this regard, carnelian is very difficult and ambiguous. He is referred to as “elemental twins”, which are dedicated to two forces at once. In our case, fire, and air.
Carnelian is not recommended to be worn with “water” stones:
With the minerals of the earth, the carnelian can “ come into a duel ”, but in this case, you need to focus on your own feelings when wearing both stones. Doubts are caused by combinations of carnelian with the following gems:
Best of all, carnelian behaves with the same “twins” – amber, charoite, and spinel. He is also “friends” with the minerals of fire – garnet and pyrite, and air – smoky quartz, amethyst, tourmaline.
The price of natural carnelian Stone
It is rather difficult to name the cost per 1 carat of natural carnelian, as it depends on many factors. For example, at which deposit the stone was mined, which one has a shade, transparency, cut, and so on. And it is unlikely that an ordinary buyer is interested in the price of one pebble, it is much more important to find out the cost of the entire jewelry.
And here is a completely different matter. The cost of the frame, design, and other insert stones is added to the cost of the carnelian. In order to roughly estimate how much this or that decoration will cost, it is better to focus on finished products.
For example, silver earrings with agates and carnelian will cost 6-7 thousand rubles. Earrings made of the same material, decorated with a scattering of carnelian and marcasite, cost about 13 thousand. But a bracelet with a carnelian can be bought for only one and a half thousand.
You can browse the list of carnelian jewelry and choose the best one for you!
Carnelian is a beautiful gemstone that will definitely change your life for the better. When buying jewelry with it, listen to your own feelings and beware of fakes: they may have completely different magical properties.